Friday 12 February 2016

Brands that are owning the lipstick game!




Wearing a good lipstick can make me feel a hell of a lot more confident, fact. By 'good' please do not assume I mean expense wise, I mean one that creates the wanted look. Considering practically every beauty company have a lipstick range (which usually consists of several different formulas/types within that lipstick collection) so I thought I'd share my favoured brands for different lip products.



Liquid Lipstick-Gerard Cosmetics





I have to be honest, as of recently I have backed away from matte lipsticks... except for these. They apply as a glossy liquid formula then mattifies without causing my lips to dry up which has been my issue with other matte lipsticks. I find these to give off an opaque colour from just one coat, colour doesn't bleed and lasts well (even after a stressful day consisting of lots of coffee drinking haha). I love the few shades I own and the other shades are definitely tempting me. In the UK they are either available from Beauty Bay or, if you can handle the delivery wait, you can order directly from Gerard cosmetics and use code GC40 for 40% off at the moment!



Lipstick- Mac




This will probably be an obvious choice to many but I had to pick it as they genuinely are my fail safe go to option. They offer a variety of finishes/ranges including satin, cremesheen, matte, amplified, frosty etc. I love their cremesheen if I need to quickly slap on a dash of lippy on. If I want to make more of a dramatic lipstick statement then I definitely lean towards the amplified collection, they are amazing. Mac provide such a wide selection of shades you're sure to find a shade you love which will be a long lasting, beautifully textured lipstick. 



Lipgloss- L'oreal 




To be precise its the Color Riche L'Extraordinaire Gloss from L'oreal that I adore. Firstly we have to talk about the packaging, how beautiful right?! Not only do I love the packaging but with just one wash of the applicator you are left with glossy, healthy looking lips. The colour pay off is wonderful for a gloss and the formula is also a total dream considering it isn't overly sticky to the point of clumping like other glosses can be. I feel like I didn't even have to question which I would pick for my gloss in this blog as these are always my go to when I want a a shiny plump looking lip.



So there you go, they're my favourites. There's definitely room for my favourites to potentially change at some point soon though as there's definitely some more I'd like to try out (Charlotte Tilbury and Mac retro matte liquid lipsticks I'm specifically looking at you two!) Feel free to leave me any recommendations of lipsticks I should try! Follow if you want. FH x


3 comments:

  1. I definitely love all of these brand lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy but I've never tried MAC lipsticks. I really need to because all I hear are good things!

    Sam - www.storiesofsam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, their range of shades can be overwhelming though!

      Delete